Want to check out some of the hottest spots on the Houston Heights social scene? We’ve got you covered! Here’s a quick and easy guide to the top three hot spots for dining, nightlife, and things to do in Houston Heights!
Houston Heights Hot Spots: Dining
- Down House, 1801 Yale St. – A “neighborhood restaurant featuring locally sourced cuisine and award-winning cocktails,” Down House offers seasonal dishes, craft beer, and festive theme days, like Sunday Funday.
- Coltivare, 3320 White Oak Dr. – Serving “rustic Italian cuisine with a Gulf Coast perspective,” Coltivare offers a range of dinner options, along with after-dinner bites, that can be enjoyed under the stars in its picturesque, cozy garden.
- Field & Tides, 705 E. 11th – As an “upscale casual restaurant,” Field & Tides serves an array of cuisine styles, from Southern and Asian to Italian and French. It offers chic comfort food for lunch, dinner, and brunch, all made from locally sourced vegetables, meats, game, and seafood.
Houston Heights Hot Spots: Nightlife
- Eight Row Flint, 1039 Yale St. – “A revisionist ice house that celebrates whiskey mash and masa,” Eight Row Flint offers unique cocktails, proprietary barrels of bourbon, and a menu with options ranging from bites to taco plates.
- Better Luck Tomorrow, 544 Yale St. – With a menu of traditional and specialty cocktails, Better Luck Tomorrow is “a place to celebrate friendships,” “defeat your enemies,” and “have a great time!” It offers happy hour specials, as well as weekend brunch service starting at 11 a.m.
- Lei Low Bar, 6412 N. Main St. – This mellow tiki bar offers a variety of rum-based tropical cocktails in a festive setting. Whether you want to sip on cocktails on the outdoor patio or take in a music show at a low-key venue, Lei Low Bar is a fun place let loose!
Houston Heights Hot Spots: Things to Do
- Opera in the Heights, 1703 Heights Blvd. – Get out and take in a great show at Opera in the Heights! Home to a regional company featuring up-and-coming opera performers, this venue has seasonal performances, as well as a children’s series, offering shows to please audiences of all ages.
- Art Car Museum, 140 Heights Blvd. – Nicknamed the “Garbage Mahal,” the Art Car Museum showcases contemporary art from local, national, and international artists who “are rarely, if ever, acknowledged by other cultural institutions.” Admission is free, and installations are usually updated every couple of months.
- First Saturday Arts Market, 530 W. 19th – Celebrating a 15-year Houston Heights tradition, the First Saturday Arts Market is an outdoor, family-friendly art, music, and food event that runs year-round on the first Saturday of every month. It features local artists, musicians, and cuisine, making it a great place to enjoy the day and evening as you take in local culture!
Clearly, Houston Heights has a lot to offer when it comes to dining, nightlife, and activities! It also abounds with great places to live!
If you’re looking for an apartment in The Heights, don’t waste your precious time sifting through endless listings. Let the experts at Apartment GURUS do that for you for FREE!
Want the Best Houston Heights Rental Listings Sent to Your Inbox for FREE? Contact Apartment Gurus
Apartment GURUS is ready to send you the best Houston Heights listings, perfectly matched to your search criteria. Along with this FREE, convenient apartment search service, we’ll give you cash back when you sign a lease! In fact, you could get up to $500 cash back when you work with Apartment GURUS!
Let Us Find Your Dream Apartment For You!
Get Your FREE Custom Apartment List Now & Get Up To $500 Cash Back!
Start Your Search Now!
Apartment GURUS has been helping Texas apartment hunters for more than 10 years, providing the greatest inventory options and outstanding service!
Check out our fabulous reviews to see how we’ve helped thousands in their apartment searches – and to see how our program can benefit you! We also invite you to check out our latest deals, specials, and listings on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. We look forward to helping you find your next place to live!