Downtown Houston Hot Spots
Want to check out some of the hottest spots in Downtown Houston? We’ve got you covered! Here’s a quick and easy guide to the top three hot spots for dining, nightlife, and more in Downtown Houston!
Downtown Houston Hot Spots: Dining
1. Brasserie Du Parc, <strong>1440 Lamar St.</strong> – Serving “Houston’s most authentic French cuisine,” Brasserie Du Parc has an extensive menu, a separate bar menu, various fine wines, and an “adventurous cocktail and beer program.” This 3,000-square-foot restaurant, which is located in the landmark high-rise, One Park Place, has a 360-degree square bar, along with a spacious mezzanine and terrace. It’s a lovely contemporary setting to enjoy some of the finest French food Houston has to offer.
2. El Big Bad, <strong>419 Travis St.</strong> – Offering an “experience unlike anything else in Downtown Houston,” El Big Bad is a Mexican restaurant serving everything from tacos and empanadas to burgers and more. Along with a diverse menu, El Big Bad has a full margarita bar, specialty cocktails, and all sorts of regular events, including a monthly Mexican Bingo night!
3. Jackson Street BBQ, <strong>209 Jackson St.</strong> – From ribs and brisket to sausage, venison, and traditional sides, Jackson Street BBQ serves up genuine Texas BBQ that’s been called “the best in Houston.” Whether you want to enjoy tasty BBQ in the down-home dining room or get take out, Jackson Street BBQ has all of the tasty favorites to satisfy your BBQ cravings.
Downtown Houston Hot Spots: Nightlife
1. Boots’N Shoots, 506 Main St. – Located right off the METRORail this fun Texas themed bar is the place to go if you want to have a good time. The bar is always packed on a Friday/Saturday night and is the best of both worlds if you like to dance or just chill and have a good drink. The upstairs part of the bar turns into a night club of sorts with exclusive tables, a DJ, and a huge dance floor. If you’re not the clubbing type, don’t worry. The downstairs part of the bar is perfect for those who like to sit back and enjoy good company.
2. Reserve 101, 1201 Caroline St. – Born from a passion for whiskey, Reserve 101 has become one of “America’s top whiskey bars.” It has an 8-page whisky menu, with offerings from across the U.S. and the world. Reserve 101 also hosts special tasting events for holidays, special occasions, and new offerings.
3. OKRA Charity Saloon, 924 Congress St. – OKRA not only has great music and a fun vibe, but they also give back to local charities in Houston through their sales every night. Houstonians are either really into charity or the bartenders here know how to whip up some good cocktails, because this place is always busy! The idea of the bar is simple. For every drink you buy at OKRA, they give you a ticket that you can put into a bucket of the charity of your choice that night. The charity with the most tickets at the end of the month receive next month’s proceeds. How cool is that?
More Downtown Houston Hot Spots
1. Market Place Square, 301 Milam St. – As a geographic centerpiece of Downtown Houston, Market Place Square is a bustling hub of dining, entertainment, arts, music, and more, right in the heart of Downtown’s Historic District! If you’re not quite sure what you’re up for but you know it’s time to get out and have some fun, you’re sure to find something great to do, see, eat, or enjoy in Market Place Square!
2. Houston Zoo, 6200 Hermann Park Dr. – Home to more than 6,000 animals of more than 900 different species, the Houston Zoo is a beloved attraction for visitors of all ages. Whether you want to wander and explore the exhibits on your own or participate in one of kid-friendly or adult-only events, you’ll make fun memories whenever you visit the Houston Zoo.
3. Houston Museum of Natural Science, 5555 Hermann Park Dr. – With 16 permanent exhibits, a Planetarium, and a Butterfly Center, the Houston Museum of Natural Science has plenty to keep you entertained and fascinated for days on end. Some of the remarkable permanent exhibits include the “Hall of Ancient Egypt,” “Fabergé: Royal Gifts,” and “The Gem Vault.” Private tours are available.
These are just a few of the hottest spots that Downtown Houston has to offer. If you want to live close to all of the action, Downtown Houston also has tons of great places to live.
To find the best apartments in Downtown Houston, you don’t have to waste your precious time sifting through endless listings. Instead, let the experts at Apartment GURUs do that for you for FREE!
Want the Best Downtown Houston Rental Listings Sent to Your Inbox for FREE? Contact Apartment Gurus
Apartment GURUs is ready to send you the best Downtown Houston listings, perfectly matched to your search criteria. Along with this FREE, convenient apartment search service, we’ll give you cash back when you sign a lease! You could get up to $500 cash back when you work with Apartment GURUs!
Check out our fabulous reviews to see how we’ve helped thousands in their apartment searches – and to see how our program can benefit you. And don’t forget to check out our latest deals, specials, and listings on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. We look forward to helping you find your next place to live in Downtown Houston!