*MUST HAVE PRIOR EXPERIENCE IN CUSTOMER SERVICE. APARTMENT INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE PREFERRED!*
New Home Gurus/Apartment Gurus, located in the Houston Heights, is looking for a highly organized real estate assistant and interns to join the team! This is the perfect position for you if you are interested in getting into the real estate business and maybe getting your license one day!
You will hit the ground running and learn a lot very quickly. This position is a mix of customer service, property research, administrative support, cold calling, and warming up leads for agents.
You MUST be a people person, have meticulous attention to detail, and excellent communication skills to support the agent team with coordinating and executing day-to-day goals and long-term projects. Most importantly, you must be EXTREMELYRELIABLE, have a can-do attitude, be a self-starting problem-solver, and have the ability to multitask and adapt easily. This is not a job for an entitled mindset. You must be hungry and have a burning desire to learn and be successful!
If you’re interested in a potential growth opportunity with an amazing team that has a core focus to deliver incredible value to their clients, then read on about who we are looking for to fill this high-impact position!
- Answer phones in a professional, courteous, engaged, and informed manner at all times
- Thorough and efficient data entry in various capacities
- Monitor and Manage Outlook calendar and heavy email volume
- Coordinate with agents and apartment representatives for updates and reports
- Take meticulous notes in and summarize action items after meetings
- Communicate and/or consult with agents for personal errands
- Gatekeeper to sales people, vendors, and anyone without an appointment
- Occasional Driving to appointments or property showings for agents
- Some social media posting and management
- High school diploma
- 1-3 years of work experience involving administrative responsibilities, customer service, and phone support. Sales experience preferred.
- Strong project management skills, with demonstrated ability to successfully oversee a project or plan from start to finish
- Proficiency with all Microsoft Office Word, PPT, Excel, and OUTLOOK.
- Proficiency with managing messages and posts on social media platforms
- Ability to take ambiguous and vague instructions and translate them into desired results
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Multi-tasker who can juggle multiple priorities and classify their urgency and importance
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Exceptional reliability and organizational skills
- Effective at GOOGLING how to figure something out on your own
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Professional phone manners to achieve results (not a message leaver)
Preferred Personality Traits:
- Witty with Great Sense of Humor
- High Energy – Get Stuff Done attitude / Busy Bee attitude
- Early Bird
- Think outside box task executioner – make it happen
- Growth Mindset
- Realistic Perfectionist
- Reliable Transportation
- Thick Skin. Professional atmosphere but can be intense and high-stress so need thick skin to not take shortness personal
Compensation & Benefits: Temporary Full-time position at $15/hour with the possibility for something more permanent if it’s the right fit.
To apply, submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Qualified applicants will be screened over the phone before in person interviews. Qualified applicants will also be required to complete a background check and DISC personality assessment prior to in person interviews.
*FAILURE TO FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS WILL RESULT IN YOUR APPLICATION NOT BEING CONSIDERED.*