Houston is leading the nation in residential high-rises. According to a new study,1 Houston has the 8th most high-rise apartments and condos in the U.S.
Houston high-rises, which have at least 13 floors, have been popping up faster than ever over the past 10 years due to:
- The rising cost and growing scarcity of land in Houston’s urban areas
- The ever-increasing demand for Houston apartments and multifamily homes
How Fast Have Houston High-Rise Apartments Been Growing?
From 2010 to 2018, Houston high-rise apartments, condos, and multifamily homes have more than tripled. In fact, 20 Houston high-rises have been built since 2010, as compared to:
- 6 from 2000 to 2009
- 2 from 1990 to 1999
Some other fascinating aspects of the Houston high-rise apartment boom are that:
- The average number of floors has also been on the rise: After 2010, floors practically doubled in Houston apartments. While the average residential building in Houston had 3 or 4 floors from 1990 to 2010, after 2010, Houston apartments have had an average of 6 floors.
- Urban areas across the U.S. have been following Houston’s lead: Residential high-rise construction across the nation has been on the rise. Trends in major metros across the U.S. have largely mirrored Houston, with both high-rise construction and the average number of floors increasing in big cities from Los Angeles and Dallas to Charlotte, Chicago, and beyond.
Get FREE Expert Help Finding Your Dream Houston Apartment &
Get Up to $500 in Cash When You Sign a Lease
Call (281) 978-2441 or Email Apartment GURUS to
Find Out More & Get Your FREE Custom Apartment List
Why More Houston High-Rise Apartments Is Good for You
The Houston high-rise boom isn’t just intriguing—it’s also great news for anyone who’s looking to rent in Houston.
Because more Houston high-rise apartments and condos means:
- Your choice in premium locations across the Houston area: From Montrose and the Museum District to Midtown, Downtown, and any other area of Houston, you’ll have an array of choices when it comes to modern, upscale Houston apartments.
- Exceptional in-unit features: The latest Houston high-rise apartments and condos come with spacious layouts and designer finishes, as well as state-of-the-art appliances and luxury in-unit features curated to satisfy your every need.
- Next-level community amenities: Glittering, resort-like pools are the beginning when it comes to the high-end amenities at Houston high-rise apartments. Others include cutting-edge fitness centers, dog parks and dog grooming services, valet and car charging stations, catering kitchens and dining rooms, and so much more.
- Enticing move-in specials that put money back in your pocket: Houston high-rises want you as a resident, and they’re continually finding new ways to incentivize you. Some are even giving away 2 to 3 months of rent-free living to new residents. That’s savings you can put towards moving costs, new furniture, or whatever else you want!
With so much to offer, it’s no wonder that Houston high-rise apartments and condos are in such high demand. The good news is that there’s no shortage of options—and that there’s a luxury Houston apartment to suit practically every lifestyle.
When you’re looking for the perfect Houston apartment to call home, contact Apartment GURUS. We can save you time—and put up to $500 back in your wallet—when it’s time to move!
Want the Best Houston Rental Listings Sent to Your Inbox for FREE? Contact Apartment GURUS
With Apartment GURUS, it’s easier than ever to find the perfect apartment in Houston. No matter what neighborhood you have your eye on, we’ll deliver the best listings, perfectly matched to all of your search criteria, right to your inbox for FREE.
When you work with us and sign a lease, we will also share our commission with you, giving you up to $500 cash back!
Call (281) 978-2441 or Email Us Now
to Get Your FREE Custom Apartment List
Apartment GURUS has been a go-to resource for Texas apartment hunters for more than 10 years. We provide top inventory options backed by excellent service. Check out our exceptional reviews to see how we’ve helped thousands of others in their apartment searches—and how our program can benefit you.