Ultra-High-End Rentals Can Come with Different Features & Prices. Here’s Why.
Renting a luxury apartment in Houston, Austin, Dallas, or elsewhere can come at a premium. That’s because ultra-upscale rentals offer next-level amenities, first-class service, and spectacular units, giving you access to all sorts of comforts and conveniences you simply won’t get at standard or basic rentals.
In fact, whether you’re looking for a high-end studio, an upscale two bedroom, or a penthouse, luxury apartments can come with the best features around — and the cost of one upscale rental won’t necessarily be the same as the next one you look at.
The truth is high-end rental prices can vary widely, and several factors affect luxury apartment costs. If you know what those factors are, you can:
- Determine whether an upscale rental is really worth it for you.
- Figure out which luxury apartments may be the ideal fit for your needs.
- Keep realistic expectations about prices while still scouting out the best deals.
Top 7 Luxury Apartment Cost Factors
As you check out different high-end rentals, here are the factors that typically impact pricing and rent rates from one community to the next.
1. Luxury Apartment Location
Different cities and neighborhoods can be more or less in demand, with the most popular locales usually coming with higher price tags. In many cases, that’s because great locations offer their own attractive perks, like (but not limited to):
- Walkability in prime neighborhoods
- Proximity to shopping, parks, and other neighborhood features
- Easy access to major highways and/or public transportation
So, those ultra-high-end apartments in the heart of Downtown Houston or Downtown Austin, for example, tend to come with higher price tags than the luxury rentals that are off the beaten path or in the suburbs.
2. Community Amenities
Glittering, resort-style pools and ultra-modern fitness centers are just a couple of the fancier amenities you’ll find at the highest-end rentals across Texas. Beyond that, these communities can offer an array of mind-blowing features and services, including (but not limited to):
- Valet and concierge service
- Pet amenities, like dog walks and pet “salons”
- Car washing services and electric vehicle charging stations
- Community events, like cooking classes, wine tastings, and more
While these extras can mean higher rents for luxury apartments, they could end up saving you money in the long run, especially when it comes to buying gym memberships, paying for pet services, and shelling out money to socialize or keep your car clean.
3. Unit Size and Layout
Another factor that affects luxury apartment costs and prices is the type of unit you end up renting. Specifically, that refers to:
- The number of bedrooms: Studios and one-bedroom rentals are usually cheaper than two- and three-bedroom units simply because of the additional space they provide (and the extra energy they tend to consume).
- The layout: Some floor plans may have steeper costs because they offer more square footage and/or higher ceilings within a unit.
- The designer finishes: Finer touches, like granite countertops or wood flooring, can also be associated with higher price tags for luxury rentals.
4. Views, Security & Privacy
Spectacular views of the big city skyline can also come at a premium. That’s because these views can offer:
- One-of-a-kind scenes, with phenomenal views of the sunrises and sunsets
- Additional security and privacy, as luxury apartments with the best views also tend to be on or near the top floors of upscale high-rises
What services are included in the rent costs? What bills could go away if you signed a lease with a luxury apartment?
Many high-end rentals do cover several services, basic needs, and bills in the monthly rent pricing, including (but not limited to):
- Wi-Fi and cable
- Utilities and parking
- Water and trash
- Gym and pool memberships
- Various on-site services, like valet and dog walking
Those inclusions could eliminate some of your monthly bills, adding enormous value to a life of luxury at an ultra-upscale apartment.
6. Apartment Age & Condition
Newer rental communities tend to come with higher luxury apartment prices than older ones. That’s because new rentals have less wear and tear. Some are even pushing the boundaries to offer cutting-edge amenities that their competitors can’t match.
Still, that doesn’t necessarily mean that older luxury apartments are going to be cheaper. There are plenty of well-maintained, historic luxury apartments that offer extraordinary charm with world-class amenities.
7. Exclusivity & Reputation
Some high-end rentals have a pristine reputation for excellence, making them ultra-exclusive. Similarly, properties associated with certain brands, developers, or groups have an aura of exclusivity, keeping their apartments in high demand.
Those luxury rentals can come with higher costs, as well as waiting lists and more intensive screening processes.
Luxury Apartment Costs & Prices: The Bottom Line
When it comes to the price tags and rental rates for high-end apartments, the reality is these costs fluctuate with time, location, market shifts, and more. While there’s a whole lot that goes into luxury apartment costs and rental rates, it’s crucial to remember that:
- Many luxury apartments offer move-in deals: These can include rebates and a month (or more) of rent-free living, depending on the community.
- Rental rates can vary with the seasons: So, if you have some flexibility in when you’re hunting for your next luxury apartment, you may want to time it for the off-season when better rates tend to be available.
- An apartment locator can help: Connecting with a pro can put you on the inside track to the best deals and the newest rentals available in your area. That can save you time and money, especially if you work with the top-rated apartment locators at Apartment Gurus.
How to Find the Best Luxury Apartments in Texas
No matter what you’re looking for in your next luxury apartment, we can help you find it. When you work with the 5-star apartment locators at Apartment Gurus of Gurus Realty, we can put you in your dream apartment faster and give cash back when you sign a lease.
We Can Find Your Dream Apartment for You!
Get Your FREE Custom Apartment List Now & Up To $500 Cash Back
Call (281) 978-2441 to Get Started
Backed by more than 10 years’ experience, Apartment Gurus finds the best options while putting money back in renters’ pockets.
We are ready to send you a curated list of amazing luxury apartments, tailored to your exact needs and criteria. That can save you time and put money back in your pocket because we’ll share our commission with you when you sign a lease.
Check out our excellent reviews to see how we’ve helped thousands in their apartment searches — and to see how our program can benefit you. We look forward to helping you find your next apartment to call home!